The Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven initiative committed to healthy, sustainable, humane and conscious food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, with more than 100,000 members and with the collaboration of many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times, the Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
We are looking for a Community Relations Manager who can commit 3-6 hours per week on an ongoing basis, with hours increasing to as many as 10 hours per week during certain specific projects. This position requires the ability to check and respond to emails at least once per day (and preferably two or three times per day), and can be done from anywhere provided you have a computer and an internet connection.
In addition to financial compensation, this position will build your resume, empower you with skills and connections, and enable you to make a potent contribution to many people’s lives. Job expectations include:
- Being a warm, clear and friendly representative of our work to members, customers, affiliates and the general public (predominantly over email).
- Responding to and screening emails (mainly using variations on previously developed content).
- Helping customers and affiliates to login when they forget or cannot figure out their password.
- Updating affiliate commissions in our contact management system, which is Office Auto Pilot.
- Explaining our refund policy, and issuing refunds to customers when appropriate.
- Helping customers to download content when the technology is confusing them.
- Following up with customers whose credit cards have been declined to resolve the situation or take appropriate action.
- Helping customers whose products have not reached them or arrived in damaged condition to get new shipments sent.
- Helping out with various other assorted projects as they emerge.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about contributing to healthy, sustainable, humane and conscious food for all.
- Informed about the food movement, and supportive of healthy, non-gmo, organic, fair trade, plant-strong, whole foods and to making them more accessible.
- Comfortable with technology basics – including logging into our shopping cart and contact management systems, as well as managing tasks and emails online.
- Possessing of strong writing skills.
- Good at being self-generative, accountable, and maintaining clear communication.
- It is not necessary, but it is a bonus, if a candidate is skillful with Photoshop, html/php, video editing, affiliate management, and/or sound editing.
Compensation is set at $20-$25+/hour, depending on experience and skill level.
How To Apply:
Send us your resume or work history or bio (we aren’t picky about format) so we can get to know you more. And send us a cover letter that explains:
1) How did you come into contact with the Food Revolution Network?
2) Why are you interested in working with us?
3) Please describe your strengths or skills in relation to the things we’re looking for in our ideal candidate.
4) How able are you to be available multiple times per day to check emails and respond to any time sensitive communications that may have come up – and to be flexible for a position that can vary from 3-10 hours per week?
5) If this position expanded in the future, is it possible you would have additional availability?
6) How soon can you start?
7) Where in the compensation range would you need to be to make this work for you?
8) Anything else you want to tell us?
This position is open until filled. Thank you!