The Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, sustainable, humane and conscious food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, with more than 150,000 members and with the collaboration of many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times, the Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
We are looking for interns who can commit 3-8 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. These are unpaid virtual positions that can build your resume, empower you with skills and connections, and enable you to make a potent contribution to many people’s lives. It can be done from anywhere, provided you have a computer and Internet connection. Depending on skills and interests, potential internship projects could include:
• Researching or designing galvanizing mission-aligned images for posting on our Facebook page.
• Tweeting for us on Twitter (working off some of our existing Facebook posts and making Twitter friendly versions).
• Editing interview transcripts for our upcoming Food Revolution Summit to correct spelling, improve grammar, and generally make them read better (our transcriber is very literal and often creates transcripts that don’t read especially well).
• Editing the audio of our interviews to adjust levels, clear out background hiss, etc. (this takes some audio editing experience or willingness to learn).
• Finding pithy and inspiring quotes from some of our summit speakers that we can combine with images of them to create nice sharable pictures for Facebook – which we can use as part of summit promotion;
• Responding, on behalf of Food Revolution network, to people’s comments after they opt into our summit and other events, helping them feel welcomed and their concerns addressed.
• Pulling inspiring quotes from our existing content library for sharing on social media.
• Curate, edit and post mission-aligned blog articles.
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Passionate about contributing to healthy, sustainable, humane and conscious food for all.
• Informed about the food movement, committed to healthy, non-gmo, organic, fair trade, plant-strong, whole foods and to making them more accessible.
• Comfortable with technology – having skill with or interest to learn about WordPress, crowdsourcing, message boards, and social media.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Good at being self-generative, accountable, and maintaining clear communication.
• It is not necessary, but it is a bonus, if a candidate is skillful with Photoshop, html/php, video editing, and/or sound editing.
How To Apply:
Send us your resume or work history or bio (we aren’t picky about format) so we can get to know you more. And send us a cover letter that explains:
1) How did you come into contact with the Food Revolution Network?
2) Why are you interested in working with us?
3) What would you hope to get out of your internship? What would make it a “win” for you?
4) Which of the potential internship projects mentioned above feels like the best fit with your interests and skills?
5) Please describe your strengths or skills in relation to the things we’re looking for in our ideal candidate.
6) How much time might you be able to commit to your internship, and over what duration?