Who We Are:
The Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, sustainable, humane and conscious food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, with more than 250,000 members and with the collaboration of many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times, the Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
We have major variance in our schedule, with most of our development work and revenues coming during major launches that are all-consuming (2-3 per year), and with times of relative calm when our development needs are much more modest.
Type of position: Consultant / independent contractor.
Position Title: Online Developer
Deadline to Apply: ASAP
Start Date: October 25
Location: Anywhere (North America-compatible time zones preferred, travel to October 25 meeting in California at company expense)
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a web developer with strong technical skills who is comfortable with finding solutions and constructing frontend user-friendly implementations. Our ideal candidate has some programming skills and design experience, and is a fast learner who picks up new plugins and themes quickly.
We have a preference for someone who knows the LAMP stack web development languages (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), and who has multiple years of experience working with some or preferably all of the following specific applications:
- WordPress (mandatory)
- CRM’s like Infusionsoft and Ontraport
- E-Commerce solutions like Woocommerce, Stripe, Amazon Payments, Authorize.net, etc.
Design skills with the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as with APIs and WordPress plugin development, are a major bonus. Project management skills are critical.
Must be able to:
- Work well with a team;
- Be well organized and detail oriented;
- Plan ahead and help the team to plan ahead;
- Think creatively and outside the box when necessary;
- Reliably meet deadlines;
- Give 100% at any hour needed when in the middle of a major launch;
- Think about how systems and functions interact; and
- Be comfortable with the terrain of Internet Marketing.
Will report directly to CEO and Operations Manager, and will work closely with Lead Developer.
Depending on experience.
Part-time with substantial hours variance. Part time November through January, and close to or entirely full time in March, April and May, 2016. After that TBD depending on organizational needs.
Our favorite kind of person to work with is…
We like to work with people who are passionate about the mission of the Food Revolution Network, and our stand for healthy, sustainable, humane and delicious food for all. They should love organic, non-GMO, plant-strong, local, natural, real, humane, fair-trade foods and be supportive of the food revolution.
We also like to work with people who love what they do, enjoy “learning on the fly”, and are able to be flexible to the ever changing demands of our organization. They need to have a sense of humor and be able to laugh, especially when things are “tough” and we are in crunch mode. If someone needs a highly structured environment they definitely won’t be a great fit for us – we like structure but also tend to fly by the seat of our pants at times. We need someone who is both methodical and detail oriented, while also possessing strong drive and initiative.
You’ll be assigned areas of responsibility and will have choice about how they are executed. In many cases, you will not be given complete sets of instructions about how something should be done – instead, you will be responsible for figuring it out, with support and information from the team about the desired goals and outcomes.
How to apply:
Apply via email, to [email protected]
1) Make sure to include this, and exactly this, in your subject line:
Food Revolution Online Developer
2) And make sure to include this exact phrase in your message:
What appeals to me about this position:
3) Include the following in your message to us:
Please send us a few paragraphs (no more than 500 words) answering:
- Why you are interested in this position. What appeals to you about it? Why are you applying?
- How you came into contact with the Food Revolution Network, and what impact, if any it has had on your life.
- Tell us about your relevant history or experience.
- Tell us which aspects of this position you think might be a good fit for you, and which might be challenging.
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you?
To find out more about is, check out our 2015 Food Revolution Summit here, and the sales page for it here. Our 2015 Plant-Powered & Thriving course is here, with a sales page here. And our blog is here.