Who we are:
The Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, sustainable, humane and conscious food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, with more than 150,000 members and with the collaboration of many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times, the Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
Type of position: Ongoing, on payroll. Half-time until March 15, then moving to full time. Position is on trial basis until May 31.
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Deadline to Apply: February 11
Start Date: February 18 or as possible
Location: Anywhere (North America-compatible time zones preferred)
Support Team Accountability and Efficiency
- Document processes and create checklists and tools for improved process functionality
- Provide review of team tasks and project status, and report on task completion and overdue tasks to CEO
- Research key tools and systems to enhance team efficiency, and provide setup and training to team
- Create, plan and manage intern projects (including mentoring interns to fulfill or assist some of the functions in this job description)
- Provide mentorship and feedback for interns
Manage Relationships with Affiliate Partners
- Manage joint venture / affiliate relationships and support affiliates in promoting our work
- Research new possible affiliates including asking existing partners for “second tier” referrals
- Produce and share leaderboards and other resources to help engage affiliates during launches
- Develop social media assets and/or suggestions that affiliates can use in promoting our work
- Work with our design and copy team to support affiliates in having the landing pages, tools, and copy they need to help them succeed
Tracking and Analytics
- Gather data from bookkeeping, eCommerce, CRM, and accounting resources and generate reports to help track key metrics on a regular basis
- Track results from the promotions that we share with our community, and report to Executive Team
Public Interface and Social Media
- Find concepts and images we can share and utilize on Facebook
- Produce some of our Facebook posts (working in tandem with CEO)
- Rewrite Facebook posts to 140 character versions for Twitter
- Represent Executive Team and Food Revolution Network on blog comments on our site, Facebook, etc., to expand FRN presence and level of community engagement
- Find posts on related websites or blogs that may be a good fit for us to repost for our readers
- Collect, write up and/or edit bios of our speakers, bonuses offered by our partners, and other resources
Member and Customer Support
- Respond to customer support emails and Live Chat / phone inquires
- Potentially grow into providing coaching and mentorship for our customers / members
- Potentially engage in calls to help expand connection to our members and sales of key products
Executive Team Support
- Assist executive team with travel and personal logistics
- Additional support to executive team as needed
The more skills you have, the more versatility we’ll have to work together to maximize your service to the organization. Here is a list of the kinds of skills that would be a bonus. If you have skills in any of these areas, even if they were not named in the job description, please let us know in your application.
- Affiliate Management
- Audio / Video Editing
- Basic Website Maintenance / HTML
- Customer Service
- Graphic Design
- Health, Nutrition and/or Lifestyle Coaching
- Launch Management
- Operations Management
- Online Research
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Project Management
- Sales Calls and Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Teleclass Setup & Management
- Team Management
- Writing / Editing
BONUS IF YOU HAVE Experience with:
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- WishList Member
- Project Planning & Management
We’re offering $18-$25+, or full time equivalent, depending on skills and experience.
We’re looking for half-time through March 15, then moving to full time.
Our favorite kind of person to work with is…
We like to work with people who are passionate about the mission of the Food Revolution Network, and our stand for healthy, sustainable, humane and delicious food for all. They should love organic, non-GMO, plant-strong, local, natural, real, humane, fair-trade foods and be committed to the food revolution.
We also like to work with people who love what they do, aren’t afraid to “learn on the fly”, and are able to be flexible to the ever changing demands of our organization. They need to have a sense of humor and be able to laugh, especially when things are “tough” and we are in crunch mode. If someone needs a highly structured environment they probably won’t be a great fit for us – we like structure but also tend to fly by the seat of our pants at times. We need someone who is both methodical and detail oriented, while also possessing strong entrepreneurial, self generative skills.
How to apply:
Apply via email, to [email protected]
1) Make sure to include this, and exactly this, in your subject line:
Food Revolution Executive Assistant
2) And make sure to include this exact phrase in your message:
What appeals to me about this position:
3) Include the following in your message to us:
Please send us a few paragraphs (no more than 500 words) answering:
- Why you are interested in this position. What appeals to you about it? Why are you applying?
- How you came into contact with the Food Revolution Network, and what impact, if any it has had on your life.
- Tell us about your relevant history or experience.
- Tell us which aspects of this position you think might be a good fit for you, and which might be challenging.
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you?