“No matter what stage of life we’re in, we all want to feel awesome. We want to meet our full potential as we sail through our days with balance and ease. But many of us just don’t know how to get there.” — Kris Carr
In Kris Carr’s new book, Crazy Sexy Juice, she teaches you how “to get there” and meet your full potential. She guides you through the why and how of adding nutrient-rich beverages (juices, smoothies, nut milks) to your daily life to boost your health and improve your overall wellbeing.
With the lessons and recipes you learn in her book, you can:
- have sustainable energy, glowing skin, and improved digestion
- say goodbye to inflammation, a lackluster appearance, and excess weight
- strengthen your immune system
- face a health challenge
- give yourself a healthy reboot
- and more
Brazil Nut Milk from Kris Carr
Per Serving 177 calories
Fat 15 g
Carbs 10 g
Protein 3 g
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, soaked for 4 hours
- 2 to 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1?4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1?2 teaspoon vanilla extract or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 4 cups water
- In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients till totally smooth.
- Create a large, double layer of cheesecloth and hold it over a large mixing bowl, or hold a nut milk bag over a large mixing bowl. Pour the Brazil nut milk through the cheesecloth or bag and squeeze thoroughly. You can compost or discard the nut pulp. Transfer the nut milk to an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
Talk about luxurious. If you could drink cashmere, this is how it would taste. Brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, a mineral with strong antioxidant properties. Groovy, no? More important, they make a super creamy and delicious nut milk. I use this one whenever I want a particularly rich flavor and texture.
With a plant-based way of eating, like Kris Carr follows, you don’t have to give up th flavor and texture of milk. You just have to make and enjoy milks made from plants, including nut milks.
Now, check out this amazing opportunity!
Do you care about the future of food? Do you want the latest insights about food and health?
Then, you’re in luck!
Join the free 2016 Food Revolution Summit to get the most up-to-date research and information about food, nutrition, disease prevention, and environmental stewardship from 25 of the top food experts on the planet. It’s a virtual event — so you can join from anywhere in the world.