Recipe from SIXykids.com
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe for a healthy spinach artichoke dip is a great one to make with children. It comes from SIXy Kids, a website that offers whole foods, plant-based recipes for kids. You select a recipe, pay a small fee, and then the profits go to a charity of your choice. Check out the recipes and choose one (or more) here.
Revolutionary recipe: Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Per Serving 126 calories
Fat 6 g
Carbs 13 g
Protein 8 g
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp. crushed garlic
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 (14oz.) canned artichoke hearts
- 2 cups frozen, CHOPPED spinach (loosely packed)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8x8 casserole dish with a non-stick spray.
- Place cashews, milk, lemon juice, garlic, salt, yellow mustard, and nutritional yeast into the blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until the contents are smooth. Pour into a medium bowl and place aside.
- Next, slice artichokes into small pieces OR you can chop them in a food processor.
- Add the chopped artichokes along with the spinach into the bowl with other ingredients and stir well.
- Finally, pour everything into the casserole dish and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know.