By Maria Marlowe • Originally published on MariaMarlowe.com
This anti-stress smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients that help minimize the negative effects of stress on your body. Plus, it tastes like creamy chocolate almond bliss, and can easily be eaten with a spoon, giving it an even more decadent feel.
How to make this plant-based recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Per Serving 427 calories
Fat 18 g
Carbs 73 g
Protein 8 g
- 2 cups of chia gel* (3 Tbsp. chia seeds + 2 cups water)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 dates
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- Additional water as needed to reach desired consistency
- cacao nibs
- sliced almonds
- Make chia gel: Pour two cups of filtered water into a jar, add in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, and stir well. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. (Use this time to go on with your morning routine!)
- When ready, pour chia gel and all remaining smoothie ingredients into your blender, and blend on high until smooth. The avocado and chia gives it a thick, spoonable consistency (perfect to turn into a smoothie bowl). If you prefer a thinner consistency, simply add more water or ice.
- Top with cacao nibs and sliced almonds, if you desire.
- Sip and savor slowly. Save the remaining serving for a snack or tomorrow's breakfast.
Tell us in the comments what you think about this healthy, plant-based recipe because we’d love to know!
Adding these 7 foods to your regular routine can help your body deal with stress.