Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe is a wonderful, refreshing (and healthy!) summer dessert or special treat made with no sugar — and only three ingredients.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Per Serving 239 calories
Fat 13 g
Carbs 33 g
Protein 3 g
- 1 pound strawberries, de-stemmed
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, thicker part preferred
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam, fruit juice sweetened
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Process until it has a smoothie-like consistency. Pour the mix into a quart-size container and put in the freezer.
- After 4-8 hours the mix should be frozen. Now it’s ready to be taken out of the freezer. Your first option is to let it thaw for 15 minutes and then enjoy a firmer gelato.
- For a softer gelato, let it thaw just enough until it can be loosened from its container. Then transfer it to a high-powered blender. It will be rock solid, so use the tamper to push it down into the blade as you blend it. It should only blend for 30 seconds or so – you don’t want to melt it. Enjoy promptly.
What do you think of this plant-based dessert?