By Maria Marlowe • Originally published on MariaMarlowe.com
Editor’s note: This healthy soup is flavorful and creamy. Enjoy it for lunch or dinner on a cold winter day.
How to make this plant-based recipe
Tuscan Kale & Cannellini Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Per Serving 621 calories
Fat 11 g
Carbs 101 g
Protein 35 g
- 2 tbs. + 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ribs celery, chopped in 1/2 inch slices
- 30 oz of cannellini beans (2 cans)
- 5 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 lacinto kale leaves, sliced into 1/2 inch ribbons
- 2 cups potato or sweet potato, diced (approx. 1 medium sized potato)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbs. of oil in large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and veggies are bright, than add beans and water. Cook 15 minutes.
- Strain out 1 1/2 cups of the beans/carrot/celery mixture (with minimal to no liquid) and set aside. Puree the rest (beans plus liquid) in a blender. Set aside.
- Back in the same pot, heat 2 tbs oil over medium low. Add garlic, cooking 3 minutes, then add kale, bean puree, strained veggies, and potato. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium low until potato is tender about 15-20 minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this recipe because we’d love to know!
Love this recipe? Check out all our healthy, plant-based recipes.