By Maria Marlowe • Originally published on MariaMarlowe.com
Ditch the dairy with this easy cashew sour cream recipe.
How to make this plant-based recipe
Cashew Sour Cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Per Serving 3 calories
Fat 0 g
Carbs 1 g
Protein 0 g
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender (a bullet blender works well) and blend until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
• *This makes a thinner, dressing like consistency. If you'd like a thicker sour cream, start with 1/4 cup water, then add 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
• Cover and refrigerate. Should last up to 5 days.
• Use as a dressing on salads, with pumpkin quesadillas, or lentil tacos.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this recipe because we’d love to know!
Love this recipe? Check out all our healthy, plant-based recipes.