There’s nothing quite like curling up with a good book. Especially if the book isn’t only enjoyable to read, but also gives you insights that can change your life for the better!
Here are five fabulous new books that we heartily endorse and think you’ll love:
By Food Revolution Summit speaker Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D • 320 pages
Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D., shares the groundbreaking weight-loss solution that she’s used to help her clients step into food freedom and release more than 300,000 pounds.
Rooted in cutting-edge neuroscience, psychology, and biology, Bright Line Eating guides you to implement a dynamic food plan that frees you from the obesity cycle and introduces a proven breakthrough for sustainable weight loss.
Bright Line Eating is a riveting, moving, informative, and deeply useful book. And it’s a game changer in a game that desperately needs changing.
2) The Cheese Trap: How Breaking a Surprising Addiction Will Help You Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Get Healthy
By Food Revolution Summit speaker Neal Barnard, MD, FACC • 320 pages
- The average American eats 60,000 calories’ worth of cheese every year.
- Two ounces of potato chips have 330 milligrams of sodium; two ounces of Velveeta have 800.
- Most cheese contains estrogens because dairy cows are pregnant most of the year.
- The Cheese Trap also reveals some bizarre facts about how cheese is made, why it smells the way it does, and how it affects your brain to keep you coming back for more.
The Cheese Trap reveals surprising health problems that have been linked to cheese consumption and offers delicious cheese-free recipes.
By Food Revolution Summit speaker Kelly Turner, Ph.D • 336 pages
Early in her career, Kelly Turner, Ph.D., a researcher, lecturer, and counselor in integrative oncology, was shocked to discover that no one was studying episodes of radical remission, which is when people recover against all odds without the help of conventional medicine, or after conventional medicine has failed.
She was so fascinated by this kind of remission that she embarked on a ten-month trip around the world, traveling to ten countries to interview fifty holistic healers and twenty radical remission cancer survivors about their healing practices and techniques.
Dr. Turner’s research continued by studying over 1,000 documented cases of radical remissions. She discovered nine common themes that she believes may help even terminal patients turn their lives around.
These 9 common themes are:
- Radically changing your diet
- Deepening your spiritual connection
- Increasing positive emotions
- Releasing suppressed emotions
- Taking certain herbs and vitamins
- Using intuition to help inform health decisions
- Taking control of one’s health
- Having strong reasons to live
- Receiving social support
These same factors may also help to prevent cancer (and a host of other diseases) from ever occurring in the first place.
By Rosalee de la Forêt, RH • 384 pages
These medicines have been tried and tested for millennia. And now, by combining ancient wisdom with modern scientific understanding, Rosalee de la Forêt helps you put nature’s pharmacy to work.
Whether you want more energy, better digestion, deeper sleep, or to get sick less often, Alchemy of Herbs will give you the knowledge you need to restore your health and to contribute to lasting wellness.
You’ll find out how you can use:
- Ginger Lemon Tea for cold and flu symptoms
- Cayenne Salve to relieve sore muscles
- Ashwagandha Banana Smoothie for energy & improved sleep
- A glass of Spiced Cold Brew Coffee as a powerful antioxidant
- Garlic Hummus to support your immune system
- And many more delicious and practically useful recipes
By Lynne Twist • 336 pages
This liberating book shows us that examining our attitudes toward money― earning it, spending it, and giving it away―can offer surprising insight into our lives, our values, and the essence of prosperity.
Through personal stories and practical advice, Lynne guides us through a journey that helps us to bring our relationship with money into greater alignment with our core values and, in so doing, to reshape our lives.