Recipe from Garden Fresh Foodie
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe for Apple Chia Pudding Parfait is packed with protein, fiber, and vital nutrients. Dates are used as a natural sweetener, and chia seeds are used for thickening. Eat it for breakfast or as a healthy dessert. Enjoy.
How to Make This Plant-Based Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding Parfait
Total Time: 2 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Per Serving 109 calories
Fat 4 g
Carbs 17 g
Protein 3 g
- 1½ cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ? cup/2 oz. white chia seed (I use this so my kids can't see the chia seeds, can use black)
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 oz. of dates (~4-5)
- 2 cups apples (1 large apple, small dice/cut into bite sized pieces, no need to peel)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- water to sauté
To assemble parfait:
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix and blend, except assembling ingredients.
- Saute apples in 1 tablespoon of water (just enough to prevent sticking, but not too much to steam, add in cinnamon, cook until just softened, about 3 min.
- Layer pudding, apples, pudding, and end with a layer of apples.
- Top with some pomegranate seeds for holiday color, granola, or maple chipotle walnuts for a kick!
- No refined sugars; made using dates which are high in potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
- High in fiber 6.5 g; good for regulating digestive health, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and increasing satiety.
- Good source of plant-based protein; 5 g, good for healing and repairing damaged tissues.
- Chia seeds are packed with fiber, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium-making them great for bones and dental health. They help lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and pack in the plant-based protein!
- Good source of plant-based calcium, which is better absorbed by the body; 21%.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know!