This simple, satisfying grilled corn recipe combines fresh vegetables with spices and lime juice for a delicious and beautiful salad perfect for a summer party or potluck.
By Katie Simmons • Originally published on Plants-Rule
Colorful, crisp Easter Egg radishes pair with grilled sweet corn for this light summer salad. A simple dressing from fresh lime juice and a kick of chili powder help keep this oil-free side healthy and low-fat. Enjoy this plant-based side at your next picnic or enjoy for lunch over baby spinach.
How to Make This Plant-Based Grilled Corn Recipe
Grilled Corn and Radish Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Per Serving 53 calories
Fat 1 g
Carbs 12 g
Protein 2 g
- 3 ears Sweet Corn
- 5 Easter Egg Radishes
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbs Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- To grill the Corn: Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Shuck the corn and remove the silks, if needed. Grill the corn for 15 minutes, rotating every 5-7 minutes, until golden brown on most of the ears. Remove from the grill and set aside to cool a few minutes. You can prepare the rest of your salad ingredients while the corn cools
- To make the Easter Egg Radish Salad: Scrub the radishes and trim off the bottoms. Using a mandolin slicer, hold the small green stem end of one radish and carefully slice the radish. Repeat with remaining radishes.
- Slice the scallions and chop the cilantro. In a large bowl, combine the radish slices, scallions, cilantro, and chili powder. Juice the lime into the bowl.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, carefully cut the kernels off of the cobs. Combine the corn kernels with the sliced radish mix. Toss well, and serve.
- Grill unhusked corn just a few minutes each side. As long as you turn the corn every 5-7 minutes, there’s no need to pre-soak it or use oil.
- This salad holds up really well, even after a few days.
- For more variety, experiment with different radishes. Watermelon radishes, French breakfast radishes, and purple heirloom radishes all offer beautiful colors. Black radishes add an extra spicy kick.
Like this recipe? Check out all our healthy, plant-based recipes.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this grilled corn recipe because we’d love to know!