Make this plant-based recipe for roasted carrots when carrots are in season in your area.
By Katie Simmons · Originally published on www.plants-rule.com
These gorgeous rainbow carrots are roasted oil-free and tossed with Middle Eastern Za’atar spices in this delicious, easy, and international recipe.
How to Make This Plant-Based Recipe for Roasted Carrots
Za’atar Spiced Rainbow Carrots
Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Per Serving 35 calories
Fat 0 g
Carbs 8 g
Protein 1 g
- 1 lb. rainbow carrots
- 2 tsp. Za'atar spices (or Middle Eastern spice blend)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Gather Ingredients. Preheat oven to 450F.
- To roast the carrots: peel the carrots.
- Trim the tops and bottoms of the carrots. Halve lengthwise.
- Place carrots in a large baking dish or pan. Add enough water just to cover the bottom of the pan, about 1/4–1/2 cup.
- Place in the 450F oven and roast for 20–25 minutes, tossing a couple of times during the cooking.
- When carrots are tender enough to cut, they are done.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the Za'atar spices.
- Garnish carrots with fresh parsley and lemon halves and serve.
Green Za’atar is a Middle Eastern blend of spices including thyme, sumac, and sesame seeds. You can make your own blend, find it in Middle Eastern markets, or order it online. It adds great flavor to roasted vegetables, steamed rice, and cooked lentils.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe for roasted carrots because we’d love to know!
Like this recipe? Check out all our healthy, plant-based recipes.