Spring is the perfect time for salads. And plant-based salads are the way to go. So grab some fresh ingredients from your garden, the farmers market, your local CSA, or the grocery store, and soon you can create tasty salads for you and your family.
Maybe you need some salad ideas?
We’ve got some just for you from Jessica of Garden Fresh Foodie. Jessica began her blog to help patients suffering from diabetes, periodontal and heart disease, and those with food allergies, and now she regularly posts recipes that aim to be heart healthy, low in sugar (and no refined sugar), low in saturated fat, and high in nutritional density.
Very soon, we’ll be featuring one of Jessica’s recipes here on The Food Revolution Network blog weekly, so you can expect regular and seasonal ideas you can create in your home. We also invite you to check out Jessica’s website Garden Fresh Foodie, where you’ll find valuable information about plant-based eating and gardening.
Now, on to the recipes …
5 Springtime, Plant-Based Salads
- Springtime Tahini Quinoa Recipe— This salad is high in protein and uses fresh asparagus and kale. Get the recipe here.
- Arugula Lentil Salad Recipe — This salad is colorful and full of in-season foods, like beets and grapefruit. Get the recipe here.
- Moroccan Kale Salad Recipe – This salad can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. And if you don’t know about massaging kale, read her post to get more information about why this is a great idea for store-bought or bitter kale used in salads. Get the recipe here.
- Chipotle Brussels Sprout Slaw — This salad is super healthy and will last in the fridge for days. Get the recipe here.
- Tuna-less Chickpea Salad — This salad has a similar consistency and flavor to tuna salad, but it is plant based and made with cashew cream cheese. Get the recipe here.
Please do let us and Jessica know in the comments what you think of these recipes …
Note: Image from Garden Fresh Foodie.