Recipe from Garden Fresh Foodie
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe is super easy and is sure to please your family and any guests — and to top it off, it’s a healthier dessert choice. Plus, it’s creamy, made with pumpkin and is packed with protein. Enjoy.
Perfect Pumpkin Pudding
Total Time: 2 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 300 calories
Fat 1 g
Carbs 67 g
Protein 11 g
- 1 can of pure pumpkin(I like the Farmer's Organic-BPA free can!)
- 1 can of cannellini beans or 1¾ cup, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup of almond milk or milk-alternative
- 7 dates, pitted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- Place all ingredients into a blender like a Vitamix, preferably in order above
- Blend until a smooth, creamy consistency
- Eat and enjoy! Can be turned into an ice cream using an ice cream maker if desired. Top with granola or maple chipotle walnuts
• No refined sugar; dates are high in fiber and help to regulate blood sugar spikes MUCH better than traditional sweeteners
• VERY low in fat, no saturated fat or cholesterol
• High in beta-carotene, diets high in carotenoids have been linked to reduced rates of cancer
• Great source of plant-based protein
• Great source of magnesium & potassium-both beans and dates are high in magnesium & potassium, which are important for nervous system regulation, bone and dental health (Mg), as well as blood pressure regulation. Magnesium also helps those who suffer form migraines, and potassium aids in kidney function as well.
• Great source of fiber; helps to regulate digestive system, reduce your risk of cancers, heart disease, and diabetes. Fiber helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
Tell us what you think in the comments because we’d love to know!