Recipe by Katie Mae at Plantz St.
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe is oil-free and absolutely delicious! Basil and avocado are packed with nutrition. You can feel great about serving this whole food pesto dip with raw or steamed veggies or eating it over pasta or spiralized zucchini. Enjoy.
Revolutionary Recipe: Basil Avocado Pesto
Total Time: 5 minutes
Per Serving 138 calories
Fat 10 g
Carbs 12 g
Protein 4 g
- 1 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup water
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups basil, packed loosely
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tablespoon garlic granules
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup walnuts
- Add peas and water to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the avocado, ½ the basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper. Blend just until the avocados are broken up and creamy.
- Add the remaining basil and walnuts. Blend for just a few seconds until the basil and nuts are chopped to small pieces.
- Serve or store in an airtight container for later use. Best eaten within 1 to 2 days.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know!