Recipe by Katie Mae at Plantz St.
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe is oil-free and absolutely delicious! Basil and avocado are packed with nutrition. You can feel great about serving this whole food pesto dip with raw or steamed veggies. Enjoy.
Revolutionary Recipe: Basil Avocado Pesto
Total Time: 5 minutes
Per Serving 140 calories
Fat 10 g
Carbs 12 g
Protein 4 g
- 1 cups frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup water
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups basil, packed loosely
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tablespoon garlic granules
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup walnuts
- Add peas and water to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the avocado, ½ the basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper. Blend just until the avocados are broken up and creamy.
- Add the remaining basil and walnuts. Blend for just a few seconds until the basil and nuts are chopped to small pieces.
- Serve or store in an airtight container for later use. Best eaten within 1 to 2 days.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know!