Recipe from Katie Mae at Plantz St.
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe for Thai Cucumber Salad is easy to make, delicious, and nutritious. This healthy summer salad is sure to please your family and friends. Enjoy!
How to make this plant-based recipe
Thai Cucumber Salad
Total Time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 74 calories
Fat 1 g
Carbs 17 g
Protein 3 g
- ½ cup cashews (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into ½-inch quarters (about 8 oz)
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin (about 8 oz)
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage, sliced thin (about 1 lb)
- 3 scallions, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, diced
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted (or 1 orange, peeled)
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the cashews on a baking dish. Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
- When cashews are golden, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size bowl, add cucumber, bell pepper, cabbage, scallions, and cilantro. Toss gently.
- In a small blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Blend into a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss well. Sprinkle cashews over the salad just before serving, and enjoy!
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know.
Love this recipe? Get all our plant-strong recipes.