Switching to a plant-powered diet can be a great choice for your health. But doing so can also help save our planet and ensure a bright future for generations to come.
This is a message presented in an entertaining and even humorous way in a recent TED Talk by 10-year-old Genesis Butler.
This is a compelling, must-watch short video and a great one to share with others.
How our food choices can save the planet
In the video above, Genesis tells the story of how she decided to stop eating and drinking meat and animal products. And she presents a good argument, backed by facts and statistics, about how we can save our planet with the food choices we make every day.
She talks about how animal agriculture causes far more environmental destruction than the entire transportation history. And why she is worried about her generation and future generations.
She also shares some tips for going plant-powered
- At first, going plant-powered may be hard, but it gets easier.
- Shop in the colorful section of the grocery store, where you can get fresh produce.
- Look for animal-free alternatives to your favorite foods and meals.
- Look for nutritious and delicious, plant-powered recipes online. Check out our plant-based recipes here.
- Think eating out will be hard? Many recipes offer plant-based options, and you can ask the chef to make your meal without meat and dairy.
She then says ask the audience to think about the foods they eat and the impact they have on animals and the planet. She says:
“By changing what you choose to eat, you’ll become a part of healing our planet, saving animals, and ensuring a bright future for all of us.”
Let us know in the comments what you think. Does this video inspire you?