Recipe from Plant-Based Katie Mae.
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe isn’t your typical fettuccine, which is normally loaded with butter, cream, and cheese. This healthy pasta dish is gluten free and nutrient-packed and also creamy and delicious. Enjoy!
Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
Total Time: 25 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 523 calories
Fat 4 g
Carbs 99 g
Protein 25 g
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 20 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (2 teaspoons garlic granules)
- 1 cup organic soymilk, unsweetened (or other non-dairy milk)
- ¾ cup cooked white beans, rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 14 ounces gluten-free fettuccine pasta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, diced
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add onion and mushrooms. Keep the pan covered, stirring occasionally so the veggies don’t stick. After a few minutes add the garlic, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Once the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked, turn of the heat and transfer half of the veggies to a blender.
- Add the non-dairy milk, beans, water, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning and black pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Pour the sauce into the pan with the rest of the mushrooms and onions.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as directed. When pasta is al dente,
- remove from heat and drain. Mix pasta into the Alfredo sauce and turn the heat to low-
- medium. Once the sauce is warm, stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
What do you think of this plant-based recipe?
You might also like Katie’s Strawberry-Coconut Gelato recipe.