Recipe from Plant-Based Katie Mae
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe is for a Spicy Sweet Potato Hash. Flavorful and healthy, this dish includes sweet potatoes and greens, along with some delicious spices. Enjoy.
Spicy Sweet Potato Hash
Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Per Serving 169 calories
Fat 5 g
Carbs 29 g
Protein 5 g
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced in ½ inch pieces
- ¼–½ cup orange juice or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- ½ bunch of kale, shredded
- In a large skillet or sauté pan over high heat, add onion and potatoes. Dry-sauté for 3 minutes, with the pan covered, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice and almond butter together. Pour this dressing over the onion and potato and stir. Reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the spices and kale and simmer for 3 more minutes. The dish is done when the potatoes are fully cooked and the kale has a bright green color.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know!